Working with Parents
The Brian Clarke Church of England Academy will work closely with parents, as partners in their children’s education and development, in the following ways:
- By enabling parents to access information about their child’s learning, attendance and behaviour online through the My Child At School app.
- By sharing the essential learning through curriculum overviews for each subject.
- By providing continuity of key personnel: form tutors, senior pastoral officers and year heads who take their year group from Year 7 through to Year 11, so that parents know who to contact and supportive relationships on behalf of our young people can be developed.
- By formally reporting 3 times a year including a face-to-face meeting with their child’s form tutor and subject teachers
- By celebrating young people’s achievements in learning and in their personal development, including through the co-curricular programme, and encouraging parents to be part of this.
- By making the school and its resources where possible available to the community that we serve and providing services for parents that will help them support their children
- By holding regular stakeholder reviews and feeding back to parents: “You said – we did”