Our Safeguarding policy, including the Prevent Duty, is determined at Trust level. Protecting students will be achieved through:
- The broad and balanced curriculum.
- Students’ SMSC provision.
- The inclusive nature of reflection and worship.
- Policy re visiting speakers, necessary checks, and supervision by teachers.
- No student club may be held without teacher supervision.
- Internet controls to ensure students are safe from inappropriate material in school are managed at Trust level by the Cranmer Education Trust’s ICT service.
- E-Safety education of students, parents and staff includes the risks of online exploitation and radicalisation.
- All staff throughout the Trust are trained in safeguarding on appointment, and all staff are updated annually on safeguarding through staff training.
- The core pastoral team will receive additional training annually, including Prevent Awareness, so that they are able to advise and support other staff on protecting children from the risk of exploitation and radicalisation.
- Trust policy clarifies the required referral route by the Designated Safeguarding Lead to Channel or MASH.